Thorpe Breaks Booking Terms and ConditionsHoliday Extras Limited, Booking Conditions for Thorpe Park Resort hotel packages.
We want to offer you the best products and the best service. We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you are booking with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. This section aims to bring important points to your attention.
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Limited. The website address www.thorpebreaks.co.uk is used by Holiday Extras Limited for the promotion of hotels with Thorpe Park Resort entrance tickets.
Once your hotel package for Thorpe Park Resort has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an organiser under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements 2018.
Guests are admitted to the Attraction subject to the regulations that are displayed at the main entrance, for full resort Terms and Conditions please visit https://www.thorpepark.com/terms-conditions/.
Redeeming your voucher:
Your voucher can be used as part payment towards any break, accommodation and room type, subject to availability.
If your new booking is more expensive than your voucher value you will need to pay any additional costs in full at time of booking.
All vouchers issued on or before 15th August 2021 must be redeemed by 31st December 2021.
Once you've made a booking, any remaining balance will stay on your voucher for you to redeem on a future booking before 31st December 2021 for stays up to and including 30th June 2022. Your voucher can be redeemed online for stays up to and including 30th June 2022.
All vouchers issued on or after 16th August 2021 must be redeemed within 6 months of issue date and will be non-refundable. (Your stay date does not have to be within the 6 month period). Any remaining balance left on the voucher will expire after 6 months of the voucher being issued.
If your new booking is affected by a future Covid-19 park closure, government restrictions or Covid-19 related sickness and or isolation, you will automatically be issued with a new voucher in line with our Book with Confidence Guarantee. If you need to make any changes to your booking because you are self isolating, you must contact us 3 days prior to your stay.
If your booking is not affected by Covid-19 closures, government restrictions or Covid related sickness and or isolation, standard terms and conditions will apply once your booking has been processed.
1. Making your booking:
Due to the latest government guidance, only one household will be permitted per Cabin for stays between 12th May - 16th May 2021.
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 16 when the booking is made. Guests aged 16 and 17 are able to stay in the Thorpe Shark Hotel without an adult present, but must present a letter of consent from an adult with contact details and a contact number. Guests under 16 staying in the Thorpe Shark Hotel must be accompanied by someone aged 18 or over. Please note: All customers booking a Room Only reservation must arrange park tickets for the entire party. You will not be able to stay at the Resort Hotel if you cannot present tickets or an Annual Pass for each member of the party on check in. Please be advised that for all hotels besides the Thorpe Shark Hotel, one guest per room must be 18 years old or over.
All bookings must be made online via the website www.thorpebreaks.co.uk or via our Customer Experience Team. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agreed with our Booking Conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm this to you and provide you confirmation by email.
For bookings we will email you a voucher which will serve as proof of payment for both the hotel and Thorpe Park Resort tickets if applicable. You will need to print the attached PDF and exchange this confirmation at the Advance Sales Office/Window, located at the main entrance at Thorpe Park Resort to receive your entrance tickets. Please take the confirmation email with you. Or if you have Print at Home tickets, go directly to the turnstiles for an attendant to scan.
Please check your Booking Confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment:Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Please note: Thorpe Breaks uses the merchant ID 'hex*thorpebreaks------' or 'HXPAYMENTS', and this will appear on your bank account statement once you have made your booking and payment has been taken from your account.
Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
Identity verification search: We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. The cost of your break:Holiday Extras is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of product, at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up. The price of your chosen package will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.
A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
4. Changes by you:Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist you, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. Please be aware amendments may incur an additional charge. All amendments must be made through Holiday Extras.
Any bookings within 36 hours of the hotel stay are non-amendable and non-refundable. You will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 5.
5. Cancellation by you:Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through Thorpe Breaks at Holiday Extras through the Customer Experience Team and are subject to the conditions and charges (based on the total booking cost) below.
Within 36 hours of your reservation – 100% cancellation fees will apply
Outside of 36 hours and up to 3 days before your reservation – 75% cancellation fees will apply.
Within 4-14 days of reservation – 50% cancellation fees will apply
More than 14 days in advance of reservation – 25% cancellation fees will apply.
Cancellation on date of booking (before 5pm Monday – Sunday including bank holidays)
0% of total booking value (unless your stay date is within 36 hours of booking, then 100% cancellation fees apply).
Cancellation Protection. If you add our non-refundable cancellation protection on to your booking (at the time of booking), this will protect you if you need to cancel for any reason.
Provided you cancel your booking at least 36 hours before the date of your stay or park entry (whichever is the sooner), then you will receive a full refund of your booking cost, minus the cancellation charge and any surcharges. Please note that if you cancel your stay within this 36 hour period, you will be charged the full cost of your booking.
Please note the cancellation notice period may be impacted by a change in opening times during the festive season. Please allow for this change in opening times when calculating your minimum 36 hours notice of cancellation. The notice period excludes 25th December, this will not be reflected on your confirmation for Winter Breaks.
Please note: The cancellation charges of specific packages or special event packages may vary. In this case, please see events pages for further details.
Cancellations must be performed over the telephone during our opening hours which are Monday to Sunday 09:00 - 17:00. Please note: these times may vary over the winter festive season. Cancellation requests via email or voicemail will not be processed.
6. Changes and cancellation by us:Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on websites / brochures and other details. This may happen both before and after bookings have been confirmed, and we reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings if necessary.
Occasionally, we may have to make a significant change to your booking. We define Significant changes to include the following when made before departure:
A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard.
A change of accommodation area.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements.
(b) purchasing an alternative Theme park break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference.
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a refund minus the cost of any Cancellation Protection.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
6A. Standard Season Pass:2019 Standard Season Passes are valid from the first date of your stay until 3rd November 2019, exclusions apply. Restricted usage dates include, but are not limited to, the following: any concerts taking place at the Attraction, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August 2019 and 1st September 2019, any themed and/or special events taking place at the Attraction, any 'special dates' featured on the Attraction calendar, Fright Nights dates regardless of the time of entry or departure, all Christmas event openings and any other event as determined by Merlin from time to time. Bookings that include Season Passes are non-refundable, non-amendable and non-cancellable. Full terms of the 2019 Standard Season Pass can be found here.
7. Force Majeure:Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 8 (a) below) as a result of "force majeure".
In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. Our Liability to you:(a) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any fault of ours, or our agents or suppliers. When we talk about 'fault' above, this means failure by ourselves or our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
(b) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
The fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party.
The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided.
An event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 7)
The fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your break or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your break or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or, if you have booked a package from us and we were responsible for them, our suppliers or agents or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
Also please note that whilst we endeavour to ensure photographs are appropriate and accurate representations they must not be regarded as contractual.
(c) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred if not the UK - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any rail carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(d) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 9 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
9. Complaints and problems:In the unlikely event that you experience a problem whilst on your Short Break and need to raise a complaint please follow the below steps:
10. Your Responsibilities:Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfill the physical demands of a theme park break.
11. Conditions of suppliers:Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 8 (c)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
12. Special requests and medical problems:If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
13. Financial security:For hotel packages with Theme park entrance tickets, we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording:As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
15. Directions:Please make sure you have directions to your hotel and the hotel's telephone number. Basic directions are provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date road map.
16. Overnight parking:Parking for the night of your stay at the hotel is included in the price, unless otherwise stated. Parking is always at the vehicle owners risk. Hotels own car parks are unsecured unless otherwise stated.
17. Holiday Extras star ratings:All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
Feedback we have received from our customers.
Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business & as customers.
18. Standard rooms:All rooms offer a private bathroom with shower and in some cases a bath (unless otherwise stated).
19. Breakfast:Is included unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
20. Leisure facilities:If available, may be charged for and admission restricted for children.
21. Alarm calls:As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
22. Pre-authorisation at hotel:Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
23. Lead prices:Lead prices will be stated on individual events or offers pages and will explain full details.
24. Ticket Information:1 Day Ticket must be used within 2 days of your first entry date.
2 Day Ticket must be used within 3 days of your first entry date.
1 Day + 1 Day FREE Ticket (valid with the Thorpe Shark Hotel) must be used within 2 days of your first entry date.
2 Day + 1 Day FREE Ticket (valid with the Thorpe Shark Hotel) must be used within 2 days of your first entry date.
Whilst the attractions will endeavour to open as many rides and attractions as possible, we reserve the right to alter or change the programme of rides and attractions if necessary.
Thorpe Shark Cabins guests will receive up to 10% discount on in-park retail and food & beverage:
- Up to 10% off retail at attractions (some products may not qualify for discount or may have a reduced discount; the offer is also not available for products which already have a discount applied).
- A saving of up to 10% will be offered to valid Shark Cabins guests in participating shops and restaurants at Thorpe Park Resort in the UK.
- To receive the saving, you must present a valid hotel wristband (which must be worn) to a member of staff at the outlet prior to paying.
- The saving will be calculated on the total cost of the goods purchased.
- This offer excludes cigarettes, gift vouchers, stamps, top-ups, tickets/passes, items that have already been discounted and selected special lines.
- Offer excludes purchases in Infinity Bar and Kitchen.
- The saving is not available in branded outlets such as, but not limited to, KFC, Burger King, The Grill, Chocolate Fountain and Coffee and Churros.
- The saving is not valid on the Merlin Annual Pass Drink Capsule, or any other exclusive Merlin Annual Passholder products/merchandise that may become available from time-to-time.
- The saving cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or sale/discounted items and is only applicable to full priced products.
- Whilst we endeavour to make the saving available at as many locations as possible, some carts, stands and stalls are excluded. The saving does not apply to games and concessions.
- The saving is available on transactions up to the value of £100.
- We may from time to time analyse your purchase and spending data. This is confidential and will not be made available to external companies, and will only be available to the Merlin Entertainments Group.
- The saving is only available to guests wearing a valid Thorpe Shark Cabins wristband. The saving cannot be used by anyone else.
- This offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn, amended or suspended at any time.
- The decision of the attraction management team is final.
- Promoter: Merlin Entertainments Group
Please note if you purchase a Merlin Annual Pass at Thorpe Park Resort, Thorpe Breaks will not be liable to refund the cost of the tickets purchase on your Short Breaks package.
Thorpe Park Resort has car parking charges. Standard guest charge: £8.00 per vehicle, payable locally at the park. Thorpe Shark Hotel guests: FREE, Coach: FREE, Disabled guests: FREE, Annual Pass holder: FREE Height & chest restrictions apply. All prices and offers are subject to change without prior notice.
Organisers/carers are relied upon to consider the suitability of the venue and to provide adequate supervision for their clients.
Guests are admitted to the attraction subject to the regulations that are displayed at the main entrance.
All information and prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without warning.
FRIGHT NIGHTS are not recommended for anyone under the age of 13.
Please see our Help Centre for more information.